Tuesday, October 30, 2007

All Aglow

In anticipation for the big day, Rowan admires his pumpkin lantern made at school. I love this simple craft idea- an old glass jar covered in colored tissue paper with a candle inside. It's so easy for kids to do and can use any colors you choose to make it seasonally appropriate. At Ava's Halloween party last year, kids of all ages seemed to enjoy making them.

Last night we did our "pre" trick-or-treating at Wegman's grocery store. Every year the store has a night before Halloween for kids to come in costume and parade around the store while loading up on treats. As if they need more sugar... Rowan claims that all the candy will "hold him off" until the real day. Oh my, where did he get this expression from? Is he such a sugar junkie that he needs regular dosing? I hope not. Regardless, this event has become a tradition because it includes meeting up with the lovely Auntie Lea. I am so thankful that one of my sisters is local!

Speaking of sweets...I volunteered to bring things in for Ava's school Halloween party. So downstairs carrot cupcakes are waiting for their adornment and a pile of popcorn monster hands are ready to be munched. I'd better run. Halloween pics to come later...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Love your new design... waiting to see some halloween pics!