Friday, January 7, 2011

A new year's kitchen

After many, many months, the kitchen is finally up and running.

It's fun living in and getting used to this larger space.
Still lots of details to finish, but I think its come a long way from the before pictures. Have a look:
After all the work that took place in this room, the wood floor is in rough shape and needs refinishing. The pantry needs a proper floor cover, built in shelves and a door. The windows need attention and some kind of covering...a curtain or shade...still need to figure that out. In the meantime I'm using the velvet ones from the dining room. Hooks need to go up. Etc, etc.

Also, while I'm in this rare "getting organized" phase it wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the ladder, paint cans and tool bags from the corner they are still sitting in.

4 comments:

Margann said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous. All your hard work really paid off. I'm so glad you are back at the blog. I've been missing you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That looks wonderful. I am glad you "see" you here again too. :)

Carrie said...

Looks gorgeous, Sa! Love all the sunlight. You must be so pleased - and proud of all of Eddie's & your hard work.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back in blog territory- I missed it. Your kitchen is magnificent and a tribute to Eddy's and your hard work in putting it together. I had missed your last blog also, so glad to see it. Love, Dad