Saturday, November 8, 2008

Just sitting

Inspired by this flickr group here, thought I'd share my little place to Sit a Spell.

Here you can find me stealing a moment to sit and read or knit. It's not a quiet corner though, as it sits sandwiched between the back door entry and the wood stove, in the midst of the kitchen business and chaos. More often than not shoes, coats and bags get left here before finding their rightful spots on a hook or in a bin. But when the space is cleared and I take a leave from household chores, I like to linger here- with a pup at my feet, the tea kettle at the ready and the stove radiating warmth nearby. Sunshine pouring through the window adds to my delight.
This little second-hand bench has been with me for a while...it's worn many fabrics and seen lots of paint jobs- from green to aqua, red, and then white. The quick and easy nature of changing the paint and stapling on a new fabric seat keeps my fickle self endlessly entertained. Hmmm...what will it be next?

Yes, here you'll find me working on some simple hand warmers like this or reading a great book- Jhumpa Lahiri's "Unaccustomed Earth" is my latest favorite.

Where do you like to sit?

5 comments:

Laura said...

I like to sit anywhere!! Hmmm...Why can't I remember that bench! Maybe it was red when I was there last???

Laura said...

I like to sit anywhere!! Hmmm...Why can't I remember that bench! Maybe it was red when I was there last???

Leanne said...

Oh I love this group....and what a cozy sunny spot of yours to sit...if only I lived closer and could pop in for tea there with you....

Lynn said...

Oh, now STAPLING is something even I could do! The hand warmers? Not so much. So let me know if you start making those to sell...

Elizabeth said...

You have named two things on my winter "to do" list. Knit handwarmers, and read Unaccustomed Earth!