Saturday, February 14, 2009

Heart Day



A woodblock print I found at the farmer's market : Danish paper hearts filled with chocolate goodies. This site has wonderful directions.
Rowan carved his very own soap with inspiration found over here. My sweet boy has wanted a real carving knife for quite some time. The butter knife and soap method is a great way to get those itching fingers crafting. The added bonus was mama received a fresh supply of castille soap shaving for whipping up a new batch of laundry soap.
And of course some heart shaped (or something approaching that) pancakes on the breakfast table.
Hope your day was surrounded by those you love.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh I "heart" the flowers, the soap (and the little hand that carved it), the Danish hearts, mmm the pancakes and your sweet cards! and most of all I"heart" that gorgeous print...I hope Ed did too...
love to you

Lynn said...

What a beautiful capturing of such a lovely day!