Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gratitude 4

Since all winter I've been left wearing a hat I hastily zipped up from some sweater scraps, I thought it was time to make a little more effort and knit myself something cozy. But I'm the kind of knitter that prefers the easy, mindless projects that don't require a lot of counting and marking. I think of knitting as something to do while doing something else...while hanging out with others or watching a movie. Actually I rather like the simplicity of no pattern at all.

So, with all that in mind I made myself a hat. Throwing caution, measurements and patterns to the wind, I just started casting yarn onto my needles. And hat #1....well that one fit Lilla just about right.

So I thought I'd make myself a different hat... and that one fits Rowan just fine (and even goes with his winter coat).

Fortunately, I have couple sweet little ones around here that can fit these off-sized caps.

And speaking of knitting, Rowan just learned how to do it! Exciting! He's been finger crocheting for a while and just picked up the knitting needles the other day.

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh yes like sewing I too am a *wing it* and knit kind of girl. Your hats turned out beautifully even if a wee small...I'd love number 1 in my size!
And yay for Rowan...maybe he can work on a hat for Mama now?

Anonymous said...

Gratitude 1,2,3&4 --all are great and I have a lot of gratitude for you and all the family.
By the way, I learned to knit, but never completed anything. I started making a tie but when it was about three quarters completed, I decided it looked terrible and threw it away.
Love to all, Dad

gardenmama said...

I must first comment saying I love your Dad's comment, so sweet. Your hats are so beautiful, I am a 'just wing it' crafter too... sort of like I read music but can play with much more ease by ear. It is so lovely to see your little one knitting!

Lynn said...

Go Rowan! That's fantastic!!

And your photos are lovely as always...

Ellie G. said...

Hey Sabrina!

It's Ellie. I am recreating my Mom's gsrden for Mother's Day... any tips?

Ellie G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ariella said...

Love these photos, so much magic!