Monday, April 26, 2010

Green gifts

Just a few glimpses of things making me smile inside and outside my door today. I love how lively all the fresh spring growth looks on gray, rainy days. Is it crazy that I wake up each day excited to see what new things might be happening in the garden? Sometimes I'm rewarded with little surprises as last fall's hastily set in perennials and bulbs come to life. My garden is small and simple, but Spring still makes me feel like a child on Christmas morning- anxiously waiting to see what gifts the earth has to offer.

I hope to steal a few more moments to come back here soon.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

I can totally relate to the excitement! I love Spring (and fall and summer and winter!)

Leanne said...

Oh you live in a beautiful spot Sabrina...and all awash in fresh Spring rain. Your daffodils are lovely...surely more than enough to wake excited over! It's so so good to see you here...you've been missed!

The Bowens said...

Oh my gosh, I love it too! It is amazing what the color green can do for my mood on a dreary day. In fact I just ordered a bright green hat for Baylor!

gardenmama said...

Such beautiful photos!
I know what you mean about a rainy spring day everything looks so green and lush!

Ann Flower said...

You have got a nice garden out there. I think a connection with plants means a connection with the nature itself.