Monday, March 22, 2010

Signs of spring

OK, I've had enough with the snow day pictures. Spring is officially here and for the moment the snow is gone! But since we've been known to have March/April snowstorms, I won't get my hopes up too much. For now I'm taking in the latest star to the landscape scene- snowdrop blossoms.
And maple sap! Though a very small scale operation with just a few taps hooked up, the kids are nonetheless delighted to fill and down a cup of the slightly sweet 'tree water.' And our little tree tap came in handy on the day our hot water heater was replaced and we were without water.We had a beautiful weekend full of outdoor play: swings, sandbox digging, biking and romps up the muddy, mossy hill. Now the rain's coming down and it's misty and cool. Refreshing!

9 comments:

gardenmama said...

Oh, I looove your photos Sabrina! It looks like a perfectly wonderful spring day : ) Drinking from the trees, finding moss and snowdrops - lovely! Happy spring : )

Leanne said...

Oooh are you going to make syrup again this year? How wonderful to quench your thirst straight from the tree...I can only imagine what that would taste like.
With such sweet little Spring blossoms it must be hard not to get excited over Spring...the change is always so welcome isn't it?
So awesome to see you back here...and Lilla is looking so big!

The Bowens said...

Yayyy for spring! Glad you are back to blogging...I missed you!

Anonymous said...

Your own Maple Syrup taps…yum!
Love the snowdrop!

Maite said...

I'm Spanish, I have noticed for my bad English, but if you do not understand (the comment) I understand, tranquil @, well I'm just a beginner in this business of blogging so I'd like to visit my blog Spanish, and you leave me a comment and as I am a beginner if I WANT TO LEAVE SOME COMMENT IN BRIEF BLOG TIPS TO GET A BETTER TE DEJO ... because my blog is not good I only have 1 comment for the whole blog entry and 3 .. . I am ashamed.

Greetings
ViVi

Ariella said...

Lovely blog you have here, so glad I found you!!

Natasha said...

really nice..:)

Cookin Good Food said...

Lovely Family!

nelle said...

..interesting..