Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gratitude 2

The bigger kids have been on a paper airplane making frenzy lately, turning out dozens of flying machines and leaving snips of paper in their wake. Amongst all those bits, an errant pair of kid scissors landed in the hands of our littlest one and she quickly set to work giving herself a trim.

Before I could stop her, Lilla's hair had turned into a punk/mullet combo.

Of course I'm feeling most grateful that she avoided a nip to the ear, but I'm also glad that hair grows back. And hats! It's a good thing that it's hat season.

The new cut cracks me up and kind of surprises me every time I look at her. As I snipped away to blend it in with the rest of her hair she kept saying "cut more!" She's so full of personality and quite the busy girl. Okay everyone, hide those scissors!

10 comments:

ED said...

She actually did a pretty reasonable job with her trim, cutting some on each side and her bangs. I think she really did have an idea in mind for what she was doing.

Leanne said...

Yes that's punk alright! I think it is a child's right of passage to give their own hair a snip. Bam got a few *tracks* courtesy of Mia before he was 1 but is yet to have a go himself.
Ah yes grateful it is hat season and grateful that you can laugh...because it is quite funny.
Love her cheeky grins! XX

Miranda said...

Reminds me of when A took a pair of scissors and gave herself "icicle" bangs when she was two. Didn't stop her from doing it again a few years later, either. The job was better done the second time!

gardenmama said...

hehe she is a cutie-pie!! : )

Laura said...

Love the new do!

Margann said...

Go Lilla!

Lynn said...

Stylin'!!!!! I'm afraid it'll give Little Lad some ideas...

(Best smile ever!!)

The Bowens said...

Love the trim Lilla!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.