Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Home again...

...home again, jiggedy-jig! We're back. Though I am glad to be here at our little home, it was hard to leave the sea, the sky and family back in Massachusetts. We spent most of the last two weeks staying with my parents, in the same home I grew up. "Cape Cod home" as Ava so sweetly referred to it when she was a wee one. There is something magical about returning to this place, especially with my children and being able to see it all again through their eyes.







Going to the beach and watching my kids play, I am reminded of all the fun my siblings and I would have. Amazing how such simple things like water and sand can provide hours of joy and imaginative play. Even when the "sand toys" were left behind at the house there was plenty of to do besides swimming- digging in with their hands building walls against the tide, creating drip castles and making little pools for the littlest one to sit in. Then there were sea creatures to spy- horseshoe crabs, minnows, jellyfish and clams- which made my kids shriek with delight and at times terror. Without shovels and pails to argue over, I found Ava and Rowan cooperating more. This little trip was a perfect mid-summer treat...and you might be hearing more of it over the next couple days.

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh I am sooooo jealous. I live in the state of 10,000 lakes but nothing compares to the beauty and power of the ocean. I wish I was only a few hours drive to the ocean.

Elizabeth said...

Welcome back! It looks, and sounds, like a lovely holiday.

Lynn said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're back -- I've missed you to pieces! But I'm also glad you had a wonderful time!

Leanne said...

Ah welcome back! Sounds like a wonderful break....and sounds just perfect for the little ones. It's always good to be back "home" but I too understand the sadness of leaving behind holiday destinations, especially the sea. Looks like a beautiful spot in your photo's, can't wait to see more. I've missed your posts.
PS: our "toadstool" IS too perfect to be real....it is concrete, paint and polypipe! ;)

Laura said...

Love the photos Sa! It was so nice to see you guys!

Sabrina said...

I look at those pictures and can only hear the seashore sounds that accompany them...gulls flying overhead, waves splashing their way onto shore, and little hands crunching their way into the cool sand! There's no place like home!
Ari