Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some happy things

I guess I've taken another inadvertent blog break. Summer is really flying by.

Today I had a happy surprise when I visited the lovely Homemade Rainbows and discovered she'd given me an award- actually two awards! My very first ever. So I'm following along and making my own list of six things that make me happy. I've seen other forms of these "happiness lists" over here and here. And now I finally have the beginnings of my very own list. A very random collection, but I had to begin somewhere. Here goes:

1. Watching my kids roll down the old sledding hill: 2. The magic of blowing bubbles- then chasing them, catching them, popping them, or just watching them drift into the sky.
3. And speaking of the sky, I love those clear blue sky with big cotton cloud days. I want to be an artist that can replicate the ever changing sky on canvas.
4. An outfit that matches your food is cause for happiness, particularly if you are prone to spillage. This little moment reminded me of when I was a child and my Dad would sometimes break out his "Spaghetti Sweater" for pasta and red sauce dinners. I don't think he did any spilling, but I can still picture that sweater.5. Very old trees like this willow- all twisted, bent and morphed into living sculpture- make me smile.
6. And little skirted swimsuits:  If you haven't already compiled a list, I'd love to see what you come up with!

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Ahh a lovely list and every one very happy! I love how other people's "happies" make me happy too. It's a good thing that it's contagious. Stunning pics too.

Lynn said...

Ooh, magical in every way! I LOVE that your dad had a spaghetti sweater. And I love those little Lilla legs in that swimsuit pic -- precious!

Anonymous said...

One of the things that make me happy is to see your blog. I missed it! Also I still like some classical music. Love, Dad

Elizabeth said...

A happiness list is such a fun exercise. I love that you have photos to illustrate every item too. Blowing and catching bubbles is a great one. Still a joy to do.

Laura said...

Oh my! The spaghetti sweater.. I will never forget that thing! Love all the photos. And Dad's comment is really sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

But, Laura...what makes YOU happy? Your list is quite a happy one! One thing that makes me happy is Q dancing to music. Puts a smile right on my face.
Love, Ari