Friday, December 12, 2008

And now Rowan is six

December 7th- six years ago when we were graced by the arrival of our dear boy. I pulled together a simple birthday celebration beginning with a star path (an idea from The Birthday Book, which I adore).

Rowan awoke with morning's first light to find a trail of golden paper stars laid out on the floor beside the bed. After realizing the trail was meant to be followed by a certain birthday boy, he bounded out of bed and tip-toed his way to discover this at the end of the path:
And the unwrapping and playing with new treasures ensued, with my boy still pajama clad:In the afternoon the kids (all three!) and I ventured out to see a movie . As we so rarely go to the theater, this was indeed a very special something. Rowan guessed that he had only been out to the movies once or twice before... and it was Lilla's theater debut. Considering the intensity of the surround sound, I'm not sure it was such a great idea for the little one's ears. But we went and had a perfectly good time munching popcorn in the darkened theater, laughing a bunch and me crying a little too. Afterwards, we treated ourselves to Rowan's requested pizza dinner and returned home for a bit of carrot cake and the company of my sister and her husband.
Happy Birthday Rowan!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

And I had to cry a bit, too, as I read this sweet post. You are such a dear little family, and I'm glad Rowan had a good day. The star path idea is wonderful! I can see that that's a book I'll have to add to my collection...

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet, sweet way to wake up to one's birthday. Happy Birthday Rowan!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Rowan! What a cute idea about the stars... I might have to steal that idea one day! Sounds like a great day! PS- Lilla looks so big! She has grown a bunch since we saw her last!

Leanne said...

Happy big 6 Rowan! (and Mama). Sounds like you all did have a warm celebration....I too adore that star path idea. So lovely to wake to and so nice to see you back momentarily Sabrina with this sweet piece of happiness...my thoughts have been and still are with you all. x

Sabrina said...

Oh how wonderful. Tell me about that beautiful crown that is in the present picture!

Sabrina said...

Oh how wonderful. Tell me about that beautiful crown that is in the present picture!

Jodi said...

happy birthday sweet boy. What a beautiful family you have Sabrina!