Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Decking the halls

The farm looked like this the day we went to pick out our Christmas tree: Yes, almost every tree covered in mounds of snow, but that didn't stop of from trudging around through the deep, deep snow looking for that perfect one. Finally choosing, we circled round our tree to give thanks before cutting and bringing it home. I love so much the sweet forest scent that now fills the indoor spaces.
And I love the gleam captured on sparkling ornaments.
More little bits to add some holiday flavor:
This one is Ava's.
Here's Rowan's.
The advent garland which I can never seem to get a good photo of, but on most days the kids awake to a little treat tucked inside.
And the little felted bird- an idea stolen from the fabulously crafty Leanne at Homemade Rainbows. I've been admiring the ones she made some time ago for her little one's birthday and have been waiting for the moment to make my own. And now I can't wait to sew a few more.
Hope your holidays preparations are merry and bright!

7 comments:

The Bowens said...

Miss Lilla is getting so BIG!! Looks like she loves your Christmas tree. Oh, and I LOVE the advent garland!

Lynn said...

Beautiful! We were supposed to make our trip to the tree farm today, but weather did NOT permit (more ice). We'll make it a solstice weekend trip! (Loved the little pigtail...)

Leanne said...

Oh my! Stunning Stunning! That snow is so amazing to look at!
I'm in love with your advent garland...I have been tossing ideas around in my head for next year and now it seems I have the most perfect one thanks to you!
And Oh those gingerbread houses (now I understand your indulgence). You have succeeded grandly where I have sadly watched mine collapse in the past (Summer + gingerbread is not a good combination).
Your bluebird is so sweet...and yes a little addictive aren't they. ;)
And I have to add I adore that little rocking chair just peaking out in one of your photo's....too gorgeous and a perfect size for Lilla...is it old?

Laura said...

Looks so beautiful over at the Dodge house! It is so nice to see the advent garland too... I remember loving that idea from last year. I hope we get to see you guys when you come this way!

Elizabeth said...

So beautiful Sabrina! I'm really feeling that holiday spirit, looking at your photos. And the gingerbread houses Rowan and Ava made are SO impressive!

Anil P said...

Such a beautiful, festive atmosphere. Merry Christmas.

The bird is nice too. I'm sure it likes its colour.

Anonymous said...

These photos are wonderful