Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bits of fall


The evidence is all around: in the changing colors, the slanting, warm afternoon light, the nodding sunflowers and the last of summertime veggies. And if that weren't enough, the calendar assures us that autumn has arrived. Though bidding summer farewell often seems a bittersweet event, I can't help but be astounded by fall's abundance. It's funny...it happens to me every year. The scarlet leaves, the burnished fields, the graceful silhouette of a tree all take me by surprise.

As the landscape unfolds into its varied hues I feel all the more grateful for each lovely day we are gifted, knowing that soon we will be called back indoors to sip tea and cozy up to the fire. I want to gather up all the beauty, soak in the sun's rays and store it all to carry me through once the days grow short and crisp.

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Ah Happy Autumn to you Sabrina! What stunning photographs to cature it's arrival and mark the subtle changing. Enjoy those sunflower seeds and the last of your beans (I think).
Pretty new header too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos and lyrical words. Beautiful!
Love, Dad

Lynn said...

It's downright cold (and very windy) here today, and I must confess I'm loving it. We flew kites! The leaves are turning! Yes, I'm a big fan of fall...

(Your photos -- and your kids -- are as lovely as ever.)

gardenmama said...

Warm wishes in this new season Sabrina! Your photos are beautiful and I enjoyed reading your lovely thoughts on the changing of seasons... I too find it hard to bid summer farewell, yet as you wrote there is just so much to enjoy in this new season!

The Bowens said...

I love the fall. There is nothing better than the crisp, clean air. Makes for some great sleeping!