Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gardener's apron

On the rare (and short!) break in the clouds yesterday I gave my new apron a whirl. Finally made one of these for myself- just a little half apron with pockets in the front for seeds, tools and other gardening essentials. The fabric is a sturdy printed canvas that hopefully will withstand all the wear and tear and grime.
Rowan was my photographer and I have to say that I'm very pleased he got the apron and not my hair. I very sorely need some help in that department. Specifically, I think it's time for a haircut. By a professional. It's been nearly ten years since I got my hair cut by someone other than myself or a family member.

In other apron news, if you're in the market for a fabulous mama/child apron set, you should head on over here and take part in the Garden Mama contest giveaway. Leave a comment and she'll put your name in the running! Sweet!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

It's a GREAT apron -- and you look far more elegant in your garden than I ever will in mine!

Good luck with the hair decision-making...

Miranda said...

Hi there! So glad to find you here in the blogiverse! ;-) Beautiful blog, btw. See you tomorrow.

gardenmama said...

Wow, Mama! You look amazing in your gardening apron!! What a great idea to use the sturdy canvas in the garden, I can imagine it will get less dirty and easier to clean. Beautiful job!
Thanks for mentioning the giveaway! : )

Carrie said...

How sophisticated you look with your black t, nice necklace and stunning apron! Rowan's a great photographer too - well done. You look much nicer than I do while gardening in my old t-shirt and grimy, baggy overalls. We'll miss you guys around the 4th, but hope to see you later this summer!

Sabrina said...

I guess I'm silly to so often wear a skirt, but I feel much more comfortable that way. I forget that many people might consider it "dressy."

Whether at work, home, gardening or hiking, a skirt and black shirt seem to be my uniform 90% of the time. And jewelry? I just can't get along without it.

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments!

Elizabeth said...

What a cute cute apron AND outfit to wear out gardening!

Wondering Helen said...

Sabrina, this is a lovely apron! I need to get my hands on a sewing machine, and quick! Inspiration abounds ...

Thanks so much for stopping into my cupboard the other day, and leaving me a little note. I love meeting new blogger friends, and I hope you'll visit again soon.

The Bowens said...

You are the sweetest gardener ever! And, I LOVE the apron!

The Bowens said...

Oh, and may I put in an order for a winter cowl? I really want one for the cold weather this year! Please be in touch when you are on The cape again...we'll have to meet up!

Leanne said...

Oh well done with the apron Sabrina...very nice! I have seen a few of these around lately...must make one for myself. And I do agree you look rather chic in it!