Sunday, June 21, 2009

Black and white

I am finding myself a little in love with this classic color combo. I think it all started with the silhouettes. Remember those? We did eventually get them framed- it was surprisingly hard to find decent ones in the right size. But once they were hung up on the wall above the couch, I knew I needed to make some black and white pillows to round things out.
And as I take these pictures of my girl, I see that her birthday dress carries out the theme. Another pinafore dress from The Children's Year book. Must make more of these. They'll be perfect for summer...that is if it ever decides to stop raining. I think this is day four of drizzle.
Oh, and this little ferry wooden boat toy was a gift we snatched up during our travels through the Adirondacks. The owner of the bed and breakfast we stayed at made bunches of wooden toys on the side. And after our travel by ferry I couldn't resist this one.

Wishing all you Dads out there a Happy Father's Day!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Great frames! Perfect dress! And I love the ferry boat, too.

Laura said...

I love the black and white...
PS- Happy Birthday to Lilla. Sorry I missed calling on her special day! Hope we get to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

The Bowens said...

That ferry boat is AWESOME!! I love it. I made a silhouette fo Pay ofr my mom for Mother's day but it may need to be redone!?!? I was not too smooth with the scissors.

Leanne said...

Oh the silhouettes look fabulous on the wall. Yes the balck and white combo sure is attractive as is Lilla's seet birthday dress....nicely made Mama! And I don't think I could have resisted the ferry either...I have a rather large soft spot for the wooden toy...any hand made wooden toy...oh yes!

Elizabeth said...

I love this sweet pinafore, in this post and the one below. Happy birthday Lilla!