Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bag of Tricks

Lilla has had an amazing spurt in development as of late. During the last month she learned to sit up with ease and figured out how to get into a seated position from her belly. She also pulled herself up to standing. Today she blew a "raspberry" (is that the right way to say that?) And she just learned the "classic crawl," but doesn't usually go too far. For a while she had just been dragging herself, rolling and pivoting to get around. Oh there are so many things she'd like to get into....She may just pull a Rowan and be walking at nine months old.



The poor little miss has four teeth arriving all at the same time and we've been plying her with all sorts of good eats. So far she's tried mashed bananas, brown rice, broccoli, apple, carrots and peas. "Tried" is a relative term since most bites end up coming right back out. I've never been a fan of the jarred baby foods, so I simply mush up a little of something easy or a plain bit of our meal.

Not too sure about that bite of carrot...

4 comments:

Laura said...

Okay, so Lilla is just the cutest. She is SO advanced! She just looks so mature, like a little toddler. It is hard to believe that she is only 6 months. I think I need to start cracking the whip on Sophia... she is waaaay behind!

Sabrina said...

I'm sorry, after reading my post, I realize I sound rather silly. Oh well...it's just that crazy mama thing.

Laura said...

No, you don't sound silly...

Ariana said...

Bionic Baby...that's all I gotta say. Actually, that doesn't make much sense because I don't think Lilla is part computer, but I think you get what I'm saying. She's sho shweet.