Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rowan and Eliot


































Just before Rowan fell asleep last night he said, "Next year, the thing I want for Christmas is for Eliot to be my brother." Just a little bit of a tall order, but I can understand why... Eliot is one imaginative and free spirited child and has been Rowan's close friend for the past four years. We met Eliot's family through his big sister Clara who is incidentally one of Ava's best friends. It's funny, the two boys have been friends for so long and play together so often that they may as well be brothers. They are so SERIOUS about their play and can spend hours making "set-ups"- elaborate little villages or castles or forts for Playmobil figures. With an array of dress up clothes at the ready they quickly become pirates, knights, cowboys or sheriffs, to name a few of the regular characters I see around here. They consult each other as to whether they are enacting "olden days" or "now times." For the two of them, a five hour play-date just never seems long enough.

3 comments:

The Bowens said...

Oh my Gosh!! They are so cute!

Laura said...

So cute... did they make those little hats they are wearing too?

Sabrina said...

Yes, we made the hats by twisting up grapevines and tucking little bits of nature finds- dried leaves, grasses, flowers-some of which I hot glued to keep in place. The hot glue of course was strictly for my use....and of course I burned myself.