Monday, January 7, 2008

Spring?

Mrs. Thaw came to town and it looks positively rosy out there. The kids and I had a great walk around the neighborhood in the 60+degree weather. The creek was rushing madly and the air smelled deeply of earth. I'm afraid this this little spring tease is throwing me off track as by the calendar winter has only just begun!

Poor Lilla was "overheated" in her little coat (well, according to Ava....)
Rowan stomped in every bit of remaining-and extremely dirty- snow!
When the snow does fly again, we'll be reading one of our favorite new books, Ollie's Ski Trip which is filled with Elsa Beskow's reassuring words and beautiful watercolors.

2 comments:

Laura said...

It got up to 67 degrees in Boston today too. It is so nice to feel that warm air. I am glad you guys got out to enjoy the weather. I was stuck in the office :(

Laura said...

By the way, Lilla is so precious in that picture!