Thursday, March 6, 2008

Knitting on ice

I finally finished the cowl I had started a few weeks ago- just in time for March! The inspiration came from Purl Bee- oh I just love that site. Of course the Purl's cowl is far more delicate- made with some amazing cashmere. For mine, I just used some blue mohair yarn that's been kicking around and waiting to be put to use. I love the simplicity of this pattern...it's just a knit tube. That's the kind of knitting I can do these days, no counting rows or keeping track of stitches. I can just pick it it up and put it down without a thought. And the blue color just might add a bit of cheer to these still gray days.

With Spring around the corner, one could suppose that cowls and scarves would be obsolete. But alas we live in this Northern sphere, where the lion and lamb alternate their days. Earlier in the week was sunny and in the 50s and later on the skies offered us freezing rain:

4 comments:

The Bowens said...

What a great picture of you . You look so pretty and it remeinded me of how long it has been since I have seen you. We'll have to change that soon. May I put in a cowl order for next winter? It looks so cozy and I find that if my neck is covered I stay a whole lot warmer. A perfect pattern!

Laura said...

gorgeous pictures and I love the cowl! put it an order for me too!

Lea & Kevin said...

It's a crowl - just kidding. Looks great.

Elizabeth said...

Hello, just happened across your blog while clicking through blogger links. I have been planning on making that very cowl from the purl bee! It looks lovely--I am inspired to start mine.