Saturday, July 5, 2008

Another summer birthday

While we were heading home from swimming the other day- car windows open wide and breeze swooshing through our hair, Ava shouted above the din "now it feels like summer!" It definitely has turned into summer mode here...with the arrival July, fireworks, gorgeous weather, more berry picking, sleeping in, garden foraging, swimming, and just hanging out. Last week was a really nice balance of scheduled things and completely unscheduled things- happily leaning more heavily toward the unscheduled department.

July 4th has come and with it the birthday of Quintin, my youngest nephew. He turned one yesterday and as the song goes, he's a real Yankee Doodle Dandy (sorry I couldn't contain myself since he is a Fourth of July Baby). Here's Mr. Quintin:
Happy Birthday cutie-pie! I can't wait to see him and pinch those adorable cheeks.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

So glad you're enjoying lovely weather and (mostly) lazy summer days! Let me know how the kale chips go over at your house...

Leanne said...

Oh you're making me yearn for summer again Sabrina! Happy July 4th and Happy Birthday Quintin. All I could think about looking at that most cute picture was stealing wet baby kisses from my boy....love those!

Elizabeth said...

The cheeks! Adorable!