Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Birthday goodies

I've been meaning to share a few of the sweet gifts Miss Lilla received for her Birthday. Look at this adorable pink sweatshirt with a hand embroidered matryoshka detail (Thank you Daglios): And then there's this sweet as can be dress with a hand done applique design (thank you Staffs):
Here she is with that little dress - the look complete with a ponytail atop her head. This was all Ava's doing... she loves to pick out Lilla's outfits and "do" her hair. Funny, I remember doing the same to my little sisters.Since we don't have real chickens wandering around the yard, Grandma brought a pair of these garden ornaments for Lilla's visual entertainment. Grandma admitted to an ulterior motive: she wanted to hear Lilla say "duck!" I didn't mind at all because now I have some funky chickens (wait is that a dance?) gracing my weeds garden.
And now we have to go to the bank and open an account for Miss L with all her birthday money- thanks everybody for all the loot!
Happy 1st of July!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love all the pictures. I will have to treat Miss L to a birthday gift when I am in town... Sorry, I am late!

Lynn said...

Aw, man! Those outfits are completely adorable!! I must have a granddaughter someday (and be coherent to enjoy the experience).

I'll be watching for your personal Wikipedia entry -- I know it'll be fabulous!! >;-D

Leanne said...

What lovely gifts...all with personal touches to make them extra special. Very sweet. I especially love Lilla's new chickens too! (I fall for anything chookie) Very funky. Lucky loved little girl.

Elizabeth said...

The best part is Lilla's happy face and excited actions in her new outfits!