Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hello!

I've been meaning to get back over here and write a bit of something, but the week has flown by for one reason and then another. First my sister Ari arrived with her little Quintin in tow. We've been waiting for them to get out here all summer, so we were very happy they finally made it.

But then an unfortunate thing happened to me. I got sick. Really sick. Chills, fever, nausea, and pain sick. Lucky for everyone else, it was not a contagious thing but just another round of mastitis for me. This is the third or forth time I've had it in the last year and it's just plain awful. The main treatment is to get in bed, drink lots of liquids and rest. But when you have three kids under foot, visitors you want to hang with and a job to go to it's really impossible to JUST rest. So instead of getting well in a day or so, I dragged out the illness. I'm happy to report, however, that I seem to have recovered fully and am quite ready for some summer fun. Be back soon...

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh, Sabrina! How awful!! I managed to get mastitis only once, but that was more than enough. I'm so sorry and wish I lived down the street so I could be useful. Take good care of yourself, girlie...

Leanne said...

Oh dear...that's terrible news...what were you thinking?...Mama's just aren't ALLOWED to be ill are they?
I'm so sorry to hear you have been so sick but am very glad you are mended, hopefully to enjoy enough satisfying quality time with your sister and little one.
(btw my mint is just garden variety "normal" plain old mint.)

Laura said...

Poor Sab... I know how that mastitis feels and you are right, it is just plain awful! Get well soon! xoxo

Sabrina said...

Hello to you. I found your site out of curiosity because of the name. I love the site. I often wonder if the Sabrina carries the same qualities from person to person, at this time I believe it does. Sabrina from Minnesota.

Elizabeth said...

Oh no, how terrible! I'm so glad you're recovered. I hope you got to at least enjoy a little time with your sister.

Carolyn said...

Sabrina,

I am glad you are feeling better. I hope this will be your last round of it.
I have been meaning to thank you for your comment on my LJ...I know what you mean about days sliding by this summer.
I think of you and the adorable pictures of Lila whenever our girls are picking mint in the garden.
I hope you will be able to get more rest until you are feeling completely well again.
Love, Carolyn