Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Big Outing

I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've left the house without Lilla. Which means: A. I don't get out much and B. When I do get out, I've got a baby attached to me and a bag full of stuff (you know- diapers, diaper covers, washcloths, extra outfits, socks and hats just in case, a water bottle for the thirsty mama, diaper cream, ETC, ETC). But tonight I sneaked out of the house all by myself and went across town to a shop- a birthday treat for me! Though it probably shouldn't seem like a big deal, it felt huge to me. I was semi efficient in my shopping and even checked a few items off my Christmas list. And after trying on a few pairs of jeans for me, I have come to a more complete awareness that cake and cookies aren't my friends!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can so relate to you. It is amazing how much I feel like I get done when I don't have any kids with me. Don't get me wrong, I love being with them, but it is always nice to have the break too. Hope you had a great birthday!