Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ready or Not

I'm beginning to understanding why stores put out their Christmas decorations earlier and earlier each year. And instead of being miffed by the unseasonal decor in October, I should have taken the cue: get ready NOW. I have been happily shuffling along with Christmas decorating, crafting and planning, but I'm starting to panic because I really haven't done a whole lot of shopping. Well, I've looked and pondered, but always with the thought that I have plenty more time to meander through the st0res. I find it so challenging to settle on gifts for others. Ideally I could buy local, handmade goods and make some gifts, but homespun isn't for everyone.

Onward with the more important (and pressing) plans... there is a birthday coming up with cakes to bake, presents to wrap and a party for celebrating. Today is Rowan's last day of being four because tomorrow my favorite boy turns five. I had to pull out this picture from last Spring, because it was this year that my sweet boy went from riding tricycles to riding bicycles- sans training wheels.
Oh boy, is he ready for five!

4 comments:

The Bowens said...

Happy Birthday Rowan!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rowan! I can't believe it is almost Christmas too. So much to do...so little time! Wish Row Baby a happy birthday for us...

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Rowan!
MorMor and BaBa S.

Sabrina said...

Thanks all for the kind birthday wishes!