Thursday, April 24, 2008

Inch by inch

After taking a week off from the computer, I'm still not into the swing of being back. And with the weather being so perfect here, I hardly want to be indoors. After all, there are picnics to take, trails to explore and a garden to tend.

Yesterday was the first day of this year that I actually got my hands in the dirt. I've been on the fence as to whether I would even plant anything this year. Life is pretty full here already. And summertime is so tricky because I end up taking off on vacation just as the cucumbers need trellising, the squash needs de-bugging or tomatoes need picking.

With a garden, it seems that something always needs doing at any given moment. Also, I never cleaned up my garden last fall, so the beds all need attention before I can get to work planting. Yesterday while the babies napped, Ari and I spent part of the afternoon weeding and moving large rocks around. Hopefully I'll get some peas, lettuce and cilantro planted later today.

Pictures from the Plantations...an inspiring little paradise:





2 comments:

The Bowens said...

I feel the same way about my garden...I didn't "dig in" last year because my belly was too plump and I had to prepare for the Little Miss. I am trying to decide if we want to do it this year. I think maybe we will. Love the pics too. What a beautiful tree!

Laura said...

you'll have to keep us posted on the garden. love the pics... it is nice to see Q in there too!