Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Vacation Week

Our week on Cape Cod flew by...somehow it always does. With sun-filled days and mild temps we got to experience a little summery Cape flavor, but in April! I took numerous strolls around the neighborhood all the while swooning over the charming cottages and beautiful old homes here and there.
I sneaked in a little church thrift shop browsing. I adore those little shops filled with second-hand beauties and the small talk of church ladies. Later in the week we dined on fried delights on the deck outside at the classic Baxter's restaurant(my brother was shocked to hear I'd never been there before), followed by soft serve cones at Steve and Sue's. And we ran around barefoot on the beach. A few brave ones even stuck their feet in the brisk surf.
Lest you think it was all fun and games...a few of us managed to get sick with one mean stomach bug. That was absolutely No Fun at All. But now we are well and back home again. And Ari and Quintin are here visiting and adventuring with us.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Glad to hear that A&Q made it out there to visit you guys. And I'm glad we got to see you before you all got sick! That darn stomach bug. Ugh. Love the pictures of all those houses and the beach. Your post made me think of all the good things I love about the Cape! Love you guys..

Elizabeth said...

Cottages? Beach? Thrift shops and church ladies? What a fabulous holiday.