Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shop girl

Ava is quite the entrepreneur these days. She and a friend are creating a summer camp for their younger brothers (only $20 a week!) and she's set up her very own store in the hallway. A frequent refrain I hear these days... "Mom, you want to buy this?" Apparently she's got big plans for all the money she's saving: a cruise or a trip to Hawaii. Hmm...not sure when she plans on taking these trips, but it's a good thing she has begun saving now. Might take a little while.

Directions to the store: Enter through the back porch door. Watch out for the growing pile of mud crusted boots in disarray near the doorway. After kicking off your own shoes, step your stockinged toes with caution through the kitchen as plops of banana or other gooey morsels are likely to be residing near that highchair. Now head directly through the dining room, again using care and with an eye out for small, rolling objects on the floor: light sabers (those are perfectly deadly under one's feet), match box cars and a well placed marble or two. Head on straight to the hallway and there you will find a delightful little shop run by my very own Ava.
Ringing up an order:
A sampling of her wares:I love the "Pocket String" pictured below. For 5 cents you get a neatly bound piece of string, as shes says "Have it in your pocket and you've always got it."

This was one of my purchases:

6 comments:

The Bowens said...

Oh My Goodness!! What great things..I need to place an order. I am sending you an e-mail for your address to send my order to. I would also love to be "allowed" to read Ava's blog!

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the new header photo. And Ava is quite crafty--I think I see an Etsy shop in her future!

Laura said...

I love the new header... you and Ava are getting pretty good at the headers I must say! Tell Ava that I'll place an order for one of the dolls that you bought...

Sabrina said...

All these sweet comments really made my day. Thanks.

Lea & Kevin said...

Well tell Ava I might need some pocket string. You never know when you might need some string. I'll have to make a purchase when I'm over next.

Anonymous said...

Interesting.......I am a marble craft manufacturer supplier and looking for partners globally. If any one interest please contact me through this website.