Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend bits

The weekend started with a lovely walk under a dramatic sky with the kids, my sister Lea and her dog Stella. The delight the kids take in walking and playing with Stella reminded me why our family needs a dog. Watching Lea tote a plastic bag filled with dog poop was one reminder of why we haven't taken that leap yet.
On the walk, there were horses to visit:
Puddles to jump:And sticks to be had. This boy can never have too many sticks. During our walk, I convinced Lea to come back later to help me paint my bedroom walls. After a little red wine and a whole lot of painting, I now have a cheerful room. Thankfully Lea forced me to give up the paint brushes and upgrade to rollers, so we could finish painting in one night.

However,today I had the silly idea to paint my dresser and nightstand...all the day before leaving for my trip to Cape Cod. It's April vacation- school's out for the week- and we are off tomorrow to visit family.

In between packing and painting furniture, I baked a lemon cake for my sweetie whose birthday is this week...I'm sorry we will miss the real day, but we'll just have to have two celebrations to make up for it. Before the kids and I leave in the morning, we'll dig into that cake for breakfast. And when we return next week, another celebration will be in order.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, it looks warm there in Ithies! Can't wait to see you guys this week!

Elizabeth said...

I love that puddle-jumping action shot!