Friday, June 6, 2008

Old dress, new dress

My soon to be one year old(!) miss was in need of a new dress and I have been hankering to sew. This is what I came up with:
The dress shape is very simple jumper style. The pattern was made by tracing an old favorite dress from Ava's toddling days. The ruffle and reversible side are made from the same fabric that I used to make her bonnet and bloomers pictured here.
Now here are a couple of picture of Ava when she was nearly one year old. She's wearing the old handmade (not by me) dress that I used to trace Lilla's new one. I remember this day in the beautiful seaside village of Mendocino, California. This was one of my favorite stops from our cross country trip so many years ago.
See any resemblance between these sisters?

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Charming -- both the dresses and the girls! I think I need one of the former in my size. Looks so cool and comfy for these muggy days...

Laura said...

I love the dresses too! Looks so warm and nice there... Such cute pictures of both girls!

Elizabeth said...

A very pretty dress. Love the ruffle. And the new header!