Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rain!

Yesterday, it finally rained, poured, thundered and the temperature even dropped a few degrees. Yippee! All of us inside were very happy about that and the plants outside perked up.
Snappy peas:
Happy lettuce (ignore the weeds):
More walking onions and the flimsy, not really deer proof fence in the background. The swirly things that form on the top of the plant are little baby onion plants. The mama plant tips over to the ground and deposits the baby plant in the soil. I think they look crazy (but I must like them because I keep taking their picture):
The clothes left outside on the line were not entirely pleased: I got half of them in before the rain hit. Oh well, the sun has come out again. Since I'm new to this whole strategic opening and closing of windows, what do I do now? I opened them up thinking it was cooler and now it's become steamy inside. Arg! And Rowan, as usual, has his two cents about the matter of the sun coming out. He said, "someone must be singing You are My Sunshine. That's why it stopped raining so quick."


And the whole duck mystery thing? Case solved at bath time. Lilla knows about ducks not because of the real thing but because she has a few rubber ducks swimming in her tub. How could I forget about these "duckas?"

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh I understand the joy of rain! Your garden is looking great and I love those onions.

Laura said...

The garden looks great Sa! Maybe some of those veggies will be ready when I come to NY in early July! :) Glad it cooled down a bit... that's nice. I love Rowan's little comment about the rain- that is so sweet.

Lynn said...

What a beautiful garden!! What abundant harvests you'll have!