Thursday, February 7, 2008

Girl in a green room

Oh, I'm going a little crazy with the green paint around here. This isn't Ava's green room, this is the dining room. After living in this house three plus years, I've decided enough is enough with the white walls. I love color! I'm not sure I love this color, but it's fun to experiment and it really didn't take too long (ah, that imperfectionist in me). I painted half the room about five different colors, mixing paint as I went along, until I came to this one. The photo makes the color look brighter than it is in reality.In addition to paint, I've been playing with my camera as well. Of course my camera is not a fancy schmancy digital SLR (some day, some day) but it does have a bunch of setting options that I'm still figuring out. I really prefer the way pictures look without a flash, though it's challenging to get enough light indoors, especially at night.
And since it is birthday week around here, I wanted to wish my beautiful, kind niece Emma a very Happy Birthday!! Emma is such a great cousin and friend to Ava....I get wistful thinking about the past when we lived closer and the girls could play together often. We miss those times and all of our peeps!

3 comments:

The Bowens said...

Love the green, Love the new header, and love Ava and her cello!!

Laura said...

Hi Sab. I love the green too. It looks great. OH, and the new header! I love it too! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting my birthday on your blog. Say hi to Ava for me!

Love, Emma