Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today, when I called my Dad to wish him a Happy Birthday he asked why I haven't put up anything new since "Cozy Toes." I guess I've had a lot going on in my mind but struggling to translate any of it into words. I'm in a blog rut...wishing I could make this little journal funnier or smarter or cuter. I've been hesitating and thinking and feeling very un-hip as I compare my blog to all the much cooler ones out there. Sigh.

Okay, enough of that because I have something far more important to say today: Happy Birthday to my wonderful Dad! He has always tried so hard to make sure I didn't get lost being one of the middle children in our family and for that I am grateful. And he so very kindly put up with me throughout my most unpleasant teenage years. He is wise, witty and warm and loved by many.

This Mark Twain quote reminds me of him (I think he liked to quote this in the throes of my teenage years):


“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.”

And this is a great picture of my Dad with my sister Lea...taken last weekend at Lea and Kevin's engagement party...which I still haven't written about...

3 comments:

Laura said...

Dad, happy birthday if you are reading this!

And Sa, I love reading your blog so keep the posts coming!

Lea & Kevin said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Dad! I wanted to add something to my blog about Dad's birthday, but there's no way I can top what Sa's written. So, Dad if you're reading this, we all love you very much.

The Bowens said...

Happy Birthday again Mr. Staff!! And Sa, your blog is one of my favorite ones to read. I get so excited when you put up a new post. Don't look at it as entertainment for others as much as a journal for yourself and your family. I always write what is on my mind whether I think anyone else will care about it or not...Does that make sense?