Friday, May 30, 2008

The May flowers...

...are blooming. And they all seem to be purple. Well, all the ones in my garden anyway. These puff ball-like Alliums ('purple sensation' I think) are one of my favorites: The lilacs smell divine. We've got a bit more time to enjoy them:
Two years ago I divided and moved the irises from their crowded spots by the side of the house. Last year, they hardly bloomed. This year they've found their roots and gotten comfortable:
Must plant more of these Allium bulbs in the Fall...I love them so!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hi, I had some type of allium in my bridal bouquet. I thought I remember them saying it was part of the onion family?? but I loved the way the flowers looked! Olivia would be loving all the purple flowers there in Ithaca- it's her favorite color!

Lynn said...

Sabrina -- purple is my favorite color; no wonder spring is my favorite season! We just returned from points north, where the lilacs were in full bloom. It was fun to get to experience early spring twice in one year!

Re: an earlier post -- I think we're twins separated at birth. I, too, search high and low for non-leather shoes that aren't horrible. Off to Target...

Elizabeth said...

I love puffball alliums! And the purple theme you have going on here!

The Bowens said...

I just LOVE Alliums!! I have never planted them in my yard (will get to that next season) but I sure do love seeing them around town.