Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mothering

Nearly eleven years (!) ago I entered the land of motherhood and everything changed. Before holding that sweet, delicate bundle in my arms, I had no way of understanding just how my life would shift...in mind, body and spirit. Oh, I was warned of the challenges that lay ahead: the sleepless nights, the endless diapers, the terrible twos, the teenage dramas, etc. And the experience of pregnancy made it clear that my body would not be the same. But I never realized all the crazy things that would happen to my heart ... like the joy of watching my children contentedly playing together...the worry in the middle of the night over a very feverish child ...the frustration felt when the kids aren't listening to me... and the love of art work made by tiny hands. Also, once I became a mother, my appreciation for my own mother grew immensely. I still can't figure out exactly how she managed with so many children to care for in our large family. Thanks a million, Mom...hope you and all those other mamas out there had a lovely Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a pretty cutout. I hope you had a very happy and well-deserved Mother's Day!

Laura said...

Happy Mother's Day Sab. Hope you had a great day! Love you Mama!